Recipes Joana Oliveira
Greek yogurt and lemon donuts (gluten free and low lactose)
|Preparation Time - 20 mins||Cooking Time - 35 mins|
- ½ cup/ 70 gr rice flour
- ⅓ cup/ 50 gr. tapioca
- 1oz/ 30gr (30) ground almonds or almond meal
- 1 tsp gluten free baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp ghee/ clarified butter (olive oil, if you prefer)
- ⅓ cup/ 85 gr. brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 oz/ 125gr greek yogurt (lactose free, if you prefer) - leave a tablespoon for the glaze
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
For the lemon glaze
- 1 cup/ 150 gr. powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon greek yogurt (lactose free, if you prefer)
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325ºF/ 160ºC.
- In a large bowl whisk the sugar with the ghee (or olive oil) for 2 minutes. Add in the eggs and beat until the batter starts to bubble.
- Add in the yogurt, lemon zest and vanilla extract and combine.
- In another bowl, combine flour, tapioca, almonds, baking powder and salt and slowly add to the batter, beating until completely blended.
- Spoon the batter into a donut pan or donut molds and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 10 minutes before unmolding.
- Whisk together powdered sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Add in the greek yogurt and whisk well.
- Dip each donut into the glaze and sprinkle with lemon zest (optional).
BluEmerald - for a healthy, conscious and sustainable life.
25 July 2016 at 08:00