Recipes Joana Oliveira
Creamy pasta with sautéed spinach, ricotta and walnuts
|Preparation time - 5 mins||Cooking time - 15 mins|
- 7 oz./ 200 gr. gluten-free penne (or any other GF pasta of your choice)
- 2 cups/ 75 gr. spinach, washed and drained
- 3 tbsp garlic infused oil (or olive oil+a garlic clove)
- 4 tbsp/ 80 gr. ricotta cheese
- Black pepper
- 10/ 60 gr. walnuts, roughly chopped
1. Cook the pasta according to package instruction, drain and set aside.
2. If you don’t have garlic infused oil, heat the olive oil with the garlic clove in a big skillet over medium–high heat. Remove the garlic clove, add the spinach and sauté for 5 minutes or until spinach has wilted.
3. Add in the cooked pasta and ricotta and quickly give everything a big stir (to avoid overcooking the pasta). Season generously with salt and pepper. Toss well and serve with walnuts on top.
Low FODMAP safe servings:
- 2 tbsp/ 40 gr. ricotta cheese
- 1 cup/ 38 gr. spinach
- 5 nuts/ 30 gr. walnuts
So you can safely eat half of this pasta dish!
BluEmerald - for a healthy, conscious and sustainable life!
6 June 2016 at 07:00